ETALON Premium is the new generation of polysilicon ETALON probes with high reproducible parameters and pencil-shape narrow tips for high quality AFM imaging.
Etalon Premium tips have got conical apex and cylindrical body to minimize tip-related widening of objects investigated. Excellent geometry provides high resolution of AFM scans:
• Sharp tip (curvature radius less than 10 nm).
• Resonance frequency, specified with high accuracy (±10%).
• Two levers on one chip.
• Special chip geometry for convenient operating.
• High aspect ratio tip.
• Enhanced back-side reflection of the cantilever.
The ETALON Series probe have two polysilicon levers with
a pedestal and monocrystal silicon tips.
Precision technology of polysilicon deposition guarantees the lever thickness control.
A special frequency stabilizer is designed to make the dispersion of the resonant frequency and force constant smaller (due to the lever length control).
Thanks to the above mentioned facts, the ETALON probes are characterized by highly reproducible parameters:
• Typical dispersion of the lever thickness: ±0.15 μm
• Typical dispersion of the lever length: ±2 μm
• Typical dispersion of the probe resonant frequency: ±10%
• Typical dispersion of the force constant: ±20%.
Comparison between ETALON and silicon probes
|Parameters||ETALON probes||Silicon cantilevers|
Thickness dispersion of the cantilever
|± 0.15 µm||± 0.5 µm|
Length dispersion of the cantilever
|± 2 µm||± 10 µm|
Resonant frequency dispersion
|± 10%||till ± 100%|